Saturday, June 7, 2014

I had a "moment" this afternoon

I am on a Facebook page about Dayton, Emerson School, and was on it doing some posting.

This one, well, brought tears. That is my Dad, probably in the 50's, holding a baby  in for it'six weeks checkup. This was Jane Hamton she commented, "The baby in the foto is me. I always thought we had the same jowls..." A 50 or so year old photograph of my Father holding a baby  he had delivered.

He started doing this when Polaroid came out, did hundreds of photographs.  Charlotte Baker, his secretary would take the photograph of Dad holding the baby. He bought the film by the case.

My thanks to Jane Hamton, she has no idea what that meant to me. Behind his head are two photographs of his grandchildren. One is Jane Dooley, my niece, daughter of my Brother, Dean Shannon Dooley, who presently lives in Michigan, the other, Debra Lenora Dooley, my daughter, who lives in New York. They were Dad's first grandchildren. I won't go in to their ages at this time.

I think he started doing these in 1948 or so, and all through the 50's.


No comments:

Post a Comment